Saturday 6 June 2009

Will you marry me? - Paula Abdul

Released as the fifth and final single from her 1992 album 'Spellbound', 'Will you marry me?' is, as the title suggests, a rather sloppy ballad. It is embellished by a harmonica solo performed by Stevie Wonder. The single was released right as Abdul became engaged and married to Emilio Estevez. They married in California on April 29, 1992 but then divorced two years later in May 1994.

The single only reached number 74 in the UK, but did rise to number 8 in Canada and number 14 in Germany. I bought the single in London when I found it in a bargain bin, completing my set of Paula Abdul singles from that album.

My collection: 7" single no. 1730
Found: Virgin Megastore, London, October 17, 1992
Cost: 25p
Tracks: 'Will you marry me? (edit)' / 'Goodnight my love'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising