Tuesday 30 June 2009

Stay with me till dawn - Judie Tzuke

Judie Tzuke was born as Judie Myers on April 3, 1956 in London. She signed to Elton John's Rocket Records in 1977. 'Stay with me till dawn' was the first single credited to her alone, since her official debut 'For you' (1978) was credited to Tzuke and Paxo. The song became Tzuke's most wellknown track and her only hit single in the UK, peaking at number 16.

I discovered the song years after its release, but when I did, I fell for it immediately. I had it on a compilation cd for years, before I finally bought the 7" single. I don't really own a track unless I've got it on this format...

My collection: 7" single no. 1938
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, August 11, 1993
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Stay with me till dawn' / 'New friends again'

1 comment:

  1. One of the few songs that sends a shiver down my spine. Loved it when it was released, and love it still.

    Just found your blog, and might have to spend a bit of time here - thanks for the memory jog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising