Tuesday 16 June 2009

I need your loving - Human League

Back in the Eighties, I used to buy the UK music magazine Smash Hits regularly. One of the features of that magazine was the song lyrics from recent singles. Some of them weren't successful in the Netherlands at all, but mostly I did hear them despite that fact. In the case of the Human League's 1986 single 'I need your loving', I didn't hear the track until I bought the single in 1989.

Why did I buy the single? Mostly because the Human League released more than a few good singles during their career. But also because the song lyric I read in Smash Hits intrigued me. The whole lyric was basically a repeat of 'I need your loving / I need your kissing baby'. I'm pretty sure this is why the single only had a one week chart run in the UK, at number 72.

My collection: 7" single no. 848
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, May 27, 1989
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'I need your loving' / 'I need your loving (instrumental)'

2 comments:

  1. ugh... the nadir of their career... and i say this as a giant fan of the league.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks .. .still searchin' for the 12"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising