Monday 22 June 2009

I believe (A soulful re-recording) - Tears for Fears

'I believe (A soulful re-recording)' was the fifth single taken from Tears for Fears' 1984 album 'Songs from the big chair'. It became their ninth UK Top 40 hit, peaking at number 23. The song also reached the Top 10 in Ireland. The song was written by Roland Orzabal who had originally planned to offer it to British musician Robert Wyatt to record, though it was later decided that Tears for Fears would record the song themselves. A cover of Robert Wyatt's 'Sea song' served as the single's B-side. Although the single was not released in America, this re-recording of the song was done in the midst of the band's 1985 American tour.

This limited edition double single also featured the album version of 'I believe' along with a rather rare remix of 'Shout'.

My collection: 7" single no. 375
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 12 guilders
Tracks: 'I believe (A soulful re-recording)' / 'Sea song' // 'I believe (album version)' / 'Shout (dub mix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising