Sunday 10 May 2009

Love is like oxygen - Sweet

The Sweet were a popular glam rock band throughout the Seventies in the UK, racking up no less than 10 top 10 hits, including one number 1 hit. 'Love is like oxygen' was their last hit single, peaking at number 9 in the UK singles chart. The single was released after the band had switched labels and took on a different style, comparable to Electric Light Orchestra. Indeed, 'Love is like oxygen' is often mistaken for an ELO song.

In the Netherlands, the single peaked at number 16. I think I've always liked the song, but I did forget about it for a couple of years. When I heard it again in the early Nineties, I started to look for this single. It took me ages to finally find it.

My collection: 7" single no. 2840
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, April 5, 1997
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Love is like oxygen' / 'Cover girl'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising