Monday 4 May 2009

I'm falling - The Bluebells

The Scottish band the Bluebells was formed in the first half of the Eighties by Bobby Bluebell, David McCluskey, Ken McCluskey, Lawrence Donegan, Craig Gannon, Russell Irvine and Neal Baldwin. 'I'm falling' was their first big hit, peaking at number 11 in the UK singles chart.

I discovered the song after 'Young at heart' made it into the charts later on in 1984. I hated that song and preferred this one. Unfortunately, it was 'Young at heart' that made a revival in 1993, eight years after the band had fallen apart. I still think this song is a lot better.

My collection: 7" single no. 373
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'I'm falling' / 'H.O.L.L.A.N.D.'

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising