Saturday 4 April 2009

Victims - Culture club

After many uptempo and midtempo singles, 'Victims' was Culture Club's first proper ballad, released as a single in late 1983. The single reached number 3 in the UK singles chart, and only number 16 in the Dutch Top 40.

I first bought the single during the 1985 edition of Parkpop, which was the regular German pressing. 15 years later I found myself confronted with a posterbag edition, sightly worn but still in good condition. It was a steal! So I bought this one too.

My collection: 7" single no. 309 / no. 3266
Found: Parkpop, Den Haag, June 1985 / Record Exchange, London, October 20, 2000
Cost: 3 guilders / 50p
Tracks: 'Victims' / 'Colour by numbers'


1 comment:

  1. This is arguably one of the best songs ever written and performed by the group - the strings arrangement is brilliant. The dynamic sound engineering produced for Colour By Numbers is what still thrills me today when I listen to it, even on CD. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising