Sunday 26 April 2009

There's a virus going round - Spectral Display

I am extremely curious what foreign readers think of this particular Dutch song. When I first heard it - a friend played it to me because she recorded it from the radio ages before - I couldn't believe this was made by a Dutch band. And what's more, it turned out to be the same band that had recorded 'It takes a muscle to fall in love' that same year. I knew that single, but I'd completely missed this one.

I think this single is an extremely well accomplished piece of intimate synthpop, with beautiful vocals to boot. So come on, tell me what you think...

My collection: 7" single no. 3300
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, February 24, 2001
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'There's a virus going round' / 'Hang ups'

1 comment:

  1. hi from the usa (san francisco). i had never heard of this group, or this song... i like it a lot! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising