Tuesday 14 April 2009

Sweet love - Anita Baker

Anita Baker was born on January 26, 1958 in Toledo, Ohio (USA). She released her debut album 'The Songstress' in 1983. Three years later, the album 'Rapture' spawned her first mainstream hit, 'Sweet love'. It peaked at number 8 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and number 13 in the UK.

This double single edition was released in the UK, featuring two live tracks on the second disc, originally broadcast by BBC Radio 1. I bought this single because I liked the title track ánd because I'm a sucker for limited editions. But I have to admit, I don't really like the other three tracks in this package.

My collection: 7" single no. 2204
Found: Record fair, Rotterdam, October 8, 1994
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'Sweet love' / 'No one in the world' // 'Same ole love (live)' / 'You bring me joy (live)'

1 comment:

  1. can you please reload the live versions of this single? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising