Saturday 25 April 2009

Stepping Stone - Duffy

I'm probably going to irritate my friend Puck with this entry, so here goes... I think Duffy is a good singles artist. She's got interesting songs that are worth a spin or two. But a full album by her is bound to be a boring experience: I think the interesting voice will become grating when you listen to it non-stop for an hour.

That said, I liked the single 'Warwick avenue' and so I decided to give this one a try as well. 'Stepping stone' is again a nice song. The single peaked at number 21 in the UK singles chart and number 30 in the Netherlands.

My collection: 7" single no. 3686
Found: La La Land, Den Haag, April 25, 2009
Cost: 5,9 euro
Tracks: 'Stepping stone' / 'Big flame'

1 comment:

  1. I only just heard of Duffy recently and that says much about me getting to know new music. On the other hand this is not the kind of music that's so innovating. It's old but it's good. Even a complete album is really nice and good to listen to. Unfortunately MOV doesn't have the taste to admit it. It's a crying shame.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising