Tuesday 14 April 2009

King in a catholic style - China Crisis

Compared to their previous single 'Black man Ray', 'King in a catholic style' was, to me, a relative disappointment. It was much more a straightforward pop song than the shimmering beauty of the ballad that went before. Some people agreed with me, because the single peaked at number 19 in the UK, five places lower than 'Black man Ray'.

I was in a record shop last Friday and saw this 12" single. I started doubting whether or not I had it. In the end, I didn't buy it, and I was right: the disc was sitting here on the shelf all along. Sometimes a big collection takes up too much memory space in your head.

My collection: 12" single no. 460
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 22, 2008
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'King in a catholic style (extended version)' / 'Blue sea', 'King in a catholic style'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising