Thursday 16 April 2009

I'm just your puppet on a... (string!) - London Beat

London Beat had already had some big hits with songs like '9AM' and 'I've been thinking about you' when they decided to compete in the United Kingdom's national final for the Eurovision Song Contest.

Their song, 'I'm just your puppet on a... (string!)' was an obvious reference to previous Contest winner 'Puppet on a string' by Sandie Shaw. While their song was funny and entertaining, the group lost out to the dull, hiphop-influenced (and, as a result, bad) song 'Love city groove' by a group of the same name. Not long after this, the group disbanded.

My collection: 7" single no. 2336
Found: HMV, London, June 26, 1995
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'I'm just your puppet on a... (string!)' / 'Unnecessary'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising