Thursday 16 April 2009

Golden hits volume 2 - Prefab Sprout

I bought this 'golden' single during the first record fair I ever went to. I thought it was a great find, because it featured 'Goodbye Lucille', which I thought was an earlier version of the single 'Johnny Johnny', which I'd bought a couple of years before. As it turned out, it was pretty much the same as that single, only the title was different.

Still, this is an interesting little EP, because of the colour of course, but also because of the great selection of hit singles. Although 'hit singles' might be stretching that term a bit: none of these tracks made the UK top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 1220
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, April 22, 1990
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Golden calf (edit)', 'Faron Young' / 'Goodbye Lucille no. 1', 'Hey Manhattan'

1 comment:

  1. "Hey Manhattan" is one of their best songs, which has sadly been greatly overlooked by the charts at the time of release. Shame.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising