Thursday 23 April 2009

Driving in my car - Madness

Not included on any of Madness's original studio albums, 'Driving in my car' was a single released in July 1982. From the video and most of the lyric, the track is about a Morris Minor that was used by the group in the early years before band became famous.

'Driving In My Car' was the thirteenth in a run of twenty consecutive UK top 20 hits for Madness, and is the only one of those twenty never to have been officially released in the USA in any form. The single I bought comes in a 21" x 7" foldout sleeve, featuring all members of the band inside the car (a photo montage) and on the other side, all members of the band pushing the car forward (another photo montage).

My collection: 7" single no. 3638
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 18, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Driving in my car' / 'Animal farm (Tomorrow's dream warp mix)'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising