Wednesday 15 April 2009

Cold cold heart - Midge Ure

Midge Ure released his third solo album 'Pure' in 1991. It was a collection of traditionally influenced songs. 'Cold cold heart' was the first single released from the album, which managed to get to number 17 in the UK singles chart. It was also the last single by Ure to make the top 40 in the UK.

Personally I lost track of Midge Ure after his excellent 1989 album 'Answers to nothing'. I picked up this single in 1995 on the strength of his name, but I didn't think it was one of his better songs. Hearing it again, I have to say I like it better now.

My collection: 7" single no. 2434
Found: Concerto, Amsterdam, August 19, 1995
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Cold cold heart' / 'Flowers'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising