Tuesday 17 March 2009

Walk through the fire - Peter Gabriel

Peter Gabriel contributed the track 'Walk through the fire' to the soundtrack of the 1984 movie 'Against all odds'. It's interesting to note that other Genesis members contributed to the soundtrack as well: Mike Rutherford contributed the song 'Making a big mistake' and Phil Collins recorded the well-known title track.

It's interesting how little is known about this track by Peter Gabriel: I couldn't find any background information about it on the web. I did find out that it peaked at number 69 in the UK. So not a big hit, then.

My collection: 7" single no. 2481
Found: Beanos, East Croydon, London, October 29, 1995
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Walk through the fire' (Peter Gabriel) / 'The race' (Larry Carlton)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! It's actually really difficult to find this version of 'Walk Through the Fire' -- the one on the LP of the soundtrack is different, and I think this is a better mix. I used to have this single and listened to it all the time in high school. Any chance you would be willing to send me the mp3? I could share some of my stuff as payment. Thanks for posting.
    Doug - NYC

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising