Thursday 19 March 2009

On the turning away - Pink Floyd

'On the turning away' was the second single taken from Pink Floyd's 1987 album 'A momentary lapse of reason', the first album without Roger Waters. The song lyric is about poverty and oppression, lamenting on the tendency of people to turn away from those afflicted with such conditions. The B-side was recorded live in Atlanta on November 5, 1987.

I didn't hear this single when it was released, but picked it up from my brother's collection soon after. When I played the single, I realised it was a beautiful power ballad I really wanted to have myself. By then, the disc had disappeared from the shops, and I had to wait for a couple of years to finally find my own copy.

My collection: 7" single no. 1419
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, April 7, 1991
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'On the turning away' / 'Run like hell (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising