Saturday 7 March 2009

Lay your hands on me - Thompson Twins

The Thompson Twins enjoyed a lot of success with their 1984 album 'Into the gap'. They had to come up with a new album soon, so the writing and recording of the next album 'Here's to future days' began in late 1984. The band recorded the single 'Lay your hands on me' with producer Alex Sadkin. The new single climbed to number 13 on the UK singles chart.

My copy of the single came in a limited edition poster bag. I might never have bought it otherwise: I thought the track was a lot weaker than previous singles. Nowadays I feel differently: it still sounds rather fresh.

My collection: 7" single no. 1905
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, May 2, 1993
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Lay your hands on me' / 'The Lewis Carol'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising