Thursday 19 March 2009

Hey little girl - Icehouse

'Hey little girl' was released by Icehouse in 1982 on their album 'Primitive man'. It was the first Australian recording to feature a Linn drum machine. The single became a hit in the Netherlands in November of that year. Before that, it peaked at number 7 on the Australian singles chart.

The song has a certain atmosphere that always appealed to me a lot: a bit mysterious and melancholy, somehow. It's another one of those singles which I had to search for a lot time. I ordered it a couple of times from the mailorder company 'Oldies Unlimited' in England, but it was always out of stock.

My collection: 7" single no. 731
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, February 3, 1989
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Hey little girl' / 'Love in motion'

1 comment:

  1. Great work.I've never heard this version of love in motion before.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising