Thursday 26 March 2009

Follow my rainbow - Sheena Easton

Sheena Easton made her acting debut in November 1987 in the television series 'Miami Vice', playing a singer named Caitlin Davies. She was to be protected by Sonny Crockett (played by Don Johnson) until her court appearance to render crucial testimony against certain corrupt music industry mavens. After five episodes, the character ended up being killed just moments after singing 'Follow my rainbow'.

The song was featured on the soundtrack album for 'Miami Vice', which was released in 1988, and subsequently also appeared on Easton's own album 'The lover in me', that same year. The single was released in late 1989, but did not chart. Personally I think the sleeve is better than the record, actually.

My collection: 7" single no. 2320
Found: Record fair, June 3, 1995
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Follow my rainbow' / 'Days like this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising