Friday 6 February 2009

You make the whole world cry - Tanita Tikaram

Everybody knows Tanita Tikaram's 'Twist in my sobriety', but her later work has been sadly overlooked. And it's such a shame, because she became better as years went by. 'You make the whole world cry' is a great example of this: a monumentally produced 'wall of sound' type track, with an intelligent lyric, although the title seems a tad hyperbolic.

In the UK, neither this single nor the album 'Eleven kinds of loneliness' (1992) charted. Sometimes there is no justice.

My collection: 7" single no. 2539
Found: Beanos, East Croydon, London, November 1, 1995
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'You make the whole world cry' / 'Rock me 'til I stop', 'Me you & Lucifer'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. wow thank u so much for this. i adore all tanita's work she's severely under rated in my opinion. What a rare treasure! love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising