Tuesday 3 February 2009

Videotheque - Dollar

'Videotheque' was released in 1982 and, like many of their singles, it was produced by Trevor Horn. Lots of echo effects and synthesizers once again disguise the limited vocal abilities of the two.

I have special memories attached to this track. During the 2002 Here And Now Tour, Dollar was one of the performing acts, and during their set 'Videotheque' was one of the dodgy highlights. Together with my friend, with whom I saw many of these concerts, we laughed a lot about the lyric of this song. I bought the single some time later, even if I was questioning if I would ever play it again.

My collection: 7" single no. 3434
Found: Esbjerg, Denmark, June 17, 2006
Cost: 10 Danish crowns
Tracks: 'Videotheque' / 'Living a life of dreams'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising