Wednesday 11 February 2009

Parfum de rêve - Jo Lemaire

Jo Lemaire successfully continued her career after breaking up with her band Flouze. In 1983 she released her debut solo album 'Concorde'. One side of the record consisted of songs in French, whereas the other side contained songs in English.

'Parfum de rêve' was released as a single and did reasonably well in Belgium, although it failed to reach the charts in other territories. I bought this single because I knew of Jo Lemaire and because I liked the colourful sleeve. I was happily surprised when I heard the song: it's a cheerful popsong.

My collection: 7" single no. 1826
Found: Record palace, Amsterdam, January 13, 1993
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Parfum de rêve' / 'Ceremonial spring'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising