Thursday 26 February 2009

No regrets - Walker Brothers

'No regrets' was originally written and performed by folk and blues singer Tom Rush in 1968. The Walker Brothers, who'd had a string of hit singles in the late Sixties, recorded it as their comeback single in 1976. It was also the title of the accompanying comeback album. It remains a standard to this day.

It was my big idol Midge Ure who introduced me to the song in 1981. His version of 'No regrets' was a thundering, synth-driven pop song, with all the emotion and despair of the Walker Brothers version, but perhaps more power. I heard the Walker Brothers version in the late Eighties - and it took me some years to find a single of it.

My collection: 7" single no. 1418
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, April 7, 1991
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'No regrets' / 'Remember me'


1 comment:

  1. Love the blog, you have an eclectic array of music and reviews. Looking for somehwere to post your reviews? I have signed up for your feed, but would love if you were a 'guest' writer at my blog, please contact me at your convenience.

    Best Regards,

    Robert Benson

    www.buyvinylrecords.net
    www.vinylrecordappraisals.com
    www.collectingvinylrecords.com
    http://collectingvinylrecords.blogspot.com
    http://collectingvinylrecords.musicstack.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising