Tuesday 17 February 2009

I'm on my way - Betty Boo

In December 1992, an acquaintance of my sister went to London and offered to buy us some singles while she was there. I wrote down a couple of titles and included this one. A week later, I suddenly had this posterbag edition of Betty Boo's second single off her album 'Grrr! It's Betty Boo'. I can't say I played this single a lot, but it's a nice throwaway pop song. It also includes a musical quote from the Beatles' 'Lady Madonna', by the way.

After 'Let me take you there', this was the second and last Betty Boo single I bought. Her career was almost over by that time: she released one more single and then disappeared from the scene - writing song for other acts instead.

My collection: 7" single no. 1797
Found: Virgin Megastore, London, December 7, 1992
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'I'm on my way' / 'Boo choons'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising