Tuesday 13 January 2009

Wired for sound - Cliff Richard

I don't think 'Wired for sound' is regarded as one of Cliff Richard's best singles ever. The lyrics are a bit naff ('I like small speakers / I like tall speakers / If they've music / they're wired for sound') and the music is not revolutionary. After all, it must have been the umpteenth single produced by Alan Tarney. Still, it's a nice little song, and that's why I have it.

Cliff Richard is of course one of Britain's living pop legends. These days he's mainly recording Christmas singles - although he quit doing that as well recently I think - and he's still the tall, dark bachelor - although at 68 he isn't really attracting screaming young girls anymore I think.

My collection: 7" single no. 3479
Found: Geest, Den Haag, 2004
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Wired for sound' / 'Hold on'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising