Tuesday 27 January 2009

That certain smile - Midge Ure

'That certain smile' was the second single to be taken from Midge Ure's debut solo album 'The gift'. It was preceded by the number one hit 'If I was'. By comparison, the second single did worse, only peaking at number 28 in November of 1985.

I didn't know this song when I bought the single. Of course I was familiar with Midge Ure, so I had some confidence when I saw this release. Housed in a gatefold sleeve and pressed on clear vinyl, it was also a very attractive package. There was no doubt in my mind that I wanted to have this single. And I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the track: it's an uplifting, uptempo track.

My collection: 7" single no. 1762
Found: House of Rhythm, London, October 20, 1992
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'That certain smile' / 'The gift (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising