Saturday 10 January 2009

Sans contrefaçon - Mylene Farmer

After I'd decided I wanted to hear more from Mylene Farmer, things went pretty fast. Thanks to record fairs, I was able to buy a lot of her early material quickly. 'Sans contrefaçon' was a song I'd seen on television thanks to its accompanying video, and I was happy to find this old single.

It was originally released on October 16, 1987. The song's lyrics seem to be autobiographical. Indeed, in interviews, Farmer often explained that when she was younger, a lot of people thought she was a boy because of her short hair. To play on this doubt, she even confessed to putting a handkerchief in her trousers. Although the song doesn't deal with homosexuality, over years it has become somewhat of a gay anthem.

My collection: 7" single no. 1871
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, March 27, 1993
Cost: 10 guilders
Tracks: 'Sans contrefaçon' / 'La ronde triste'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising