Saturday 17 January 2009

No regrets - Midge Ure

As a big fan of Ultravox, even at an early age of 11, I got very worried when Midge Ure released this solo single. Sure, 'No regrets' was a beautiful song, as skillfully performed as any Ultravox track, but did it mean that my favourite group was falling apart? Fortunately, it didn't: Ultravox were going to release a few albums yet.

I found out later that 'No regrets' was a cover of a song originally performed by the Walker Brothers. And even though I really like that version a lot, I have to say I'll always prefer Midge's synth-driven cover. The B-side delivers exactly what the title promises.

My collection: 7" single no. 329
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'No regrets' / 'Mood music'
Download: here

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising