Friday 9 January 2009

Just what I always wanted - Mari Wilson

Mari Wilson appeared on the scene in the early eighties with her skyscraper beehive hairdo, a strange sense of (retro-inspired) fashion and a fully choreographed twelve piece band. Her live shows were very entertaining and this is how she claimed her fame. In 1982, she had her biggest hit with this single, 'Just what I always wanted', which peaked at number eight in the UK singles chart.

I vaguely remembered Mari Wilson, so I took a gamble when I bought this single. But the gamble paid off: it is a great pop song. I wonder why I didn't remember this one...

My collection: 7" single no. 3539
Found: Empire Records, Den Haag, January 9, 2009
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Just what I always wanted' / 'Woe, woe, woe'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising