Wednesday 28 January 2009

Chenko (Tenka-io) - Red Box

'Chenko (tenka-io)' was the fifth single to be taken from Red Box's debut album 'The circle and the square'. An early version of the track had already appeared on an independent label (see also this entry), so the album version of 'Chenko' was remixed.

For the longest time, I believed this single did not exist. I'd seen the video on television some time after Red Box had some commercial success with 'For America', but when I bought the album in the second half of the Eighties, the song 'Chenko' was different from the video version I'd seen. It was a relief when I finally did find this single.

My collection: 7" single no. 3184
Found: Esprit Mailorder, UK, 1999
Cost: 4 pounds
Tracks: 'Chenko (tenka-io) (remix)' / 'Speeches'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising