Sunday 25 January 2009

Bend me shape me - Gilla

Gisela Wuchinger was born on February 7, 1950 in Austria. She was discovered by German producer Frank Farian in 1974. He signed her to Hansa Records and gave her the stage name Gilla. After an unsuccessful German cover version of an Italian song, Farian had her record a German disco version of 'Lady Marmalade'. Still singing in German, she caused some commotion for singing explicit lyrics: 'Willst du mit mir schlafen gehn?' was a direct translation of the song's famous line 'Voulez vous coucher avec moi'.

Gilla released her first international album, 'Help help', in 1977. On her second international album, this single appeared. It was a disco cover of The American Breed's 'Bend me, shape me'. My copy of the single comes from Spain, hence the translated title on the cover.

My collection: 7" single no. 3550
Found: All that music, Leiden, January 24, 2009
Cost: 1,6 euro
Tracks: 'Bend me shape me' / 'The river sings'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising