Tuesday 16 December 2008

Wonderland - XTC

The single 'Wonderland' by XTC is one of those singles that went unnoticed by the general public. It didn't chart anywhere. It was a track lifted from the album 'Mummer', which featured a more pastoral sound than any of their previous work. The track was written by band member Colin Moulding and was later described by band leader Andy Partridge as one of his 'most beautiful melodies'.

I was listening to tapes recorded by my sister in the mid-eighties when I found out about this track. I didn't like it much at first listen, but repeated listening made me change my mind. More than a decade later, I ended up buying the single.

My collection: 7" single no. 2945
Found: Record fair, Leiden, January 31, 1998
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Wonderland' / 'Jump'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising