Wednesday 3 December 2008

Somewhere in my heart - Aztec Camera

I first discovered the track 'Somewhere in my heart' because of the cd-single that featured Aztec Camera's old hit 'Walk out to winter'. I bought the cd-single and discovered that the lead track was very good as well. Then when I spotted the 12" single a few years later, I discovered that it contained a remix version. Clocking in at 7 minutes, this truly is an extended version, and a pretty good one too.

Aztec Camera is one of those great undiscovered British bands that deserved more recognition in the charts. The cover of Van Halen's 'Jump' in a true singer/songwriter style on this 12" single is further proof of their talent.

My collection: 12" single no. 466
Found: Record exchange, London, 2004
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Somewhere in my heart (remix)' / 'Everybody is a number one (Boston '86 version)', 'Down the dip (live)', 'Jump (live)
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising