Sunday 7 December 2008

Peeping Tom - Rockwell

Rockwell is the son of Motown founder and CEO Berry Gordy. To avoid charges of nepotism, Rockwell secured his record deal without his father's knowledge. 'Peeping Tom' was Rockwell's third single, taken from the motion picture 'The last dragon'.

When I heard the 12" remix of this track, thanks to my sister who had bought the 12" single, I was really impressed. I liked the echoed vocals, the extra beats, the instrumental breaks and everything that the single version lacked. I only got the chance to buy this record three years after it was released - but I still remembered it. Good remixes can do that.

My collection: 12" single no. 70
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1988
Cost: 8 guilders
Tracks: 'Peeping Tom [remix]' / 'Tokyo (instrumental version)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising