Monday 15 December 2008

Never gonna give you up - Rick Astley

'Never gonna give you up' was written and produced by Stock, Aitken & Waterman for Rick Astley. The song was a worldwide number one hit in 1987 and 1988. The song has more recently become the center of an activity named 'Rickrolling', which involved placing misleading links redirecting to the song's video.

I didn't buy the single when it came out, because it was on the radio so often that I didn't need to hear it on record anymore. My recent acquisition of the single was just to complete a collection of Rick Astley singles: I do have them all, you know.

My collection: 7" single no. 3497
Found: Geest, Den Haag, 2004
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Never gonna give you up' / 'Never gonna give you up (instrumental)'
Download: here

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the instrumental of NGGYU, allthough it skips at 0.36.
    You wouldn't happen to have the instrumentals of The ones you love & It would take a strong man ?
    I', also looking for the R&B version of Giving up on love from the US 7".
    Thanks anyway, Michel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michel,
    Why don't you take a look on Rick's official site, www.rickastley.co.uk? I'm sure someone on the forum there would be able to help you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising