Saturday 6 December 2008

Love games - Belle and the Devotions

'Love Games' represented the UK at the 1984 Eurovision Song Contest, which took place in Luxembourg. The song was criticized by some for its blatant resemblance to certain Motown classics. It was a relative success, because it ended up seventh place in the Song Contest and number 11 in the UK charts.

I didn't know there was a 12" single of this track until I spotted it during a record fair. It is one of the few 12" extended versions of a Eurovision song. Even 1987's winner Johnny Logan managed to release a 12" single with just the three minute version of his winning song on it...

My collection: 12" single no. 470
Found: Record fair, Netherlands, 2003
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Love games [extended]' / 'Rock me'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. I love Eurovision !
    I remember the name of this group but had completely forgotten the song.I took a chance and downloaded it.......and I really like it.
    It's nice and bouncy.Just like me.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising