Monday 15 December 2008

If I was - Midge Ure

Midge Ure had a very successful career as lead singer with Ultravox, when he started his solo career. He'd already released 'No regrets', a cover of the Walker Brothers song, but his career really took off with this, 'If I was', the first single from his debut solo album 'The gift'. It reached number one on the UK singles chart for one week in September 1985.

The 12" extended mix of 'If I was' features an amazing instrumental break, which - as I found out later - also appears on the album version of the track, but is edited from the single version. As an extended mix, it's faithful to the tension and build of the original track.

My collection: 12" single no. 74
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1989
Cost: 4,95 guilders
Tracks: 'If I was (extended mix)' / 'Piano', 'The man who sold the world'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising