Tuesday 9 December 2008

Highway to hell - AC/DC

In 1979, the relatively new TV station Veronica broadcast a live concert by AC/DC during their music programme Countdown. I loved seeing this strange man in a school uniform performing this "horrible music" (quote from my parents). It was no wonder that only a week later I would buy a discounted single from this band. 'Highway to hell' was the loudest piece of "garbage" (again...) I owned at that point.

The rockers from Australia are more famous, of course, for their 1980 anthem 'Whole lotta Rosie'. I would buy that one much later...

My collection: 7" single no. 25
Found: Wouters, Den Haag, 1979
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Highway to hell' / 'If you want blood you've got it'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising