Monday 22 December 2008

Answers to nothing - Midge Ure

I discovered Midge Ure's second solo album 'Answers to nothing' while on holiday in pre-war Yugoslavia. I owned a tape walkman and after a week on holiday I was desperate to hear something new. So I bought a tape of this album on the assumption that Midge Ure from Ultravox was certainly capable of making some interesting music. I wasn't disappointed.

As it turned out, the 7" and 12" singles drawn from this album were mainly available in England, and that's where I bought this 12". 'Answers to nothing' was a great title track and I was very curious to hear the extended version. Again, I wasn't disappointed: clocking in on 8 minutes, this is an excellent remix.

My collection: 12" single no. 103
Found: Record exchange, London, 1990
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Answers to nothing (extended version)' / 'Honorare', 'Oboe'
Download: here

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    If at all possible could you please repost the "Answers To Nothing" 12"?
    It says the download limit has been reached.
    Thanks so much!! Fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Please, please repost the "Answers To Nothing" 12-inch. I'm begging you!
    Thanks
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, THANK YOU!!
    You are my hero. I've been searching for this for years! You are awesome, and so is your blog!
    Thanks again so much.
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising