Wednesday 10 December 2008

After a fashion - Mick Karn & Midge Ure

Obviously, my parents weren't thrilled that I spent most of my time at home watching music TV stations like Music Box and Sky Channel, while I should actually be making homework. But it was obvious that I was never going to do that while there was so much going on in music at that time. While I was hoping for my favourite clips to show up, I learned a lot about the UK music scene. I would run into videos like this and then find out that the songs were actually very interesting. I often couldn't get the singles in the Netherlands, and so I just kept them on my mental want list. I bought 'After a fashion' in 1994, a decade later.

My collection: 7" single no. 2086
Found: Record fair, Rotterdam, March 26, 1994
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'After a fashion' / 'Textures'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising