Monday 22 December 2008

Adventure - Rupert Holmes

A strong melody is what always appeals to me most. I buy a lot of pop singles because they often have this, but sometimes a more (soft)rock-oriented track comes into my collection. And 'Adventure' by Rupert Holmes fits the description: it is a very strong melody, worthy of the title of the track: it is truly an adventure.

'Adventure' is taken from the album of the same name, recorded and released in 1980. I bought the single a few years after my sister had. Not surprisingly, she inspired me to want to have it by playing it for me repeatedly.

My collection: 7" single no. 409
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1986
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Adventure' / 'The mask'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising