Friday 21 November 2008

The winner takes it all - Abba

My sister and I were both Abba fans. We also had a record collection each. As she's older than me, her collection was bigger than mine for a long time. I was always jealous. One holiday I had an opportunity to beat my sister to the punch. On the last day, when she said she had spent all her money, I spotted a new single by Abba. And I still had some money left. If my parents would give me the equivalent of 1 euro, I would actually have this single!

It was my sister who talked me out of it. I might not like this song, I'd never heard it, and how was I to know it would be any good? We were both Abba fans, as I said, but it kindof made sense. And so the single stayed in Vienna. A week later, my sister bought the single at home. And I had to wait for months to get mine after it left the charts for half price... The single was 'The winner takes it all', one of my all time favourite Abba tracks. There's some irony in that.

My collection: 7" single no. 67
Found: Wouters, Den Haag, 1980
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'The winner takes it all' / 'Elaine'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising