Thursday 20 November 2008

Popcorn - Anarchic System

Gershon Kingsley composed 'Popcorn' as an instrumental tune. Still, there are a few vocal versions of this track, and the first one was recorded by Anarchic System in 1972. Anarchic System was a French band. Early singles 'Popcorn' and 'Carmen Brasilia' were very much influenced by electronic music, although later work is influenced more by the rock genre.

For the longest time, I didn't know that there was this vocal version of 'Popcorn', all I knew was that Anarchic System recorded 'a version' of Kingsley's composition. I found out shortly before I found my copy at a Dutch record fair. Although I prefer the instrumental version on the B-side of this record, it's still a great rarity.

My collection: 7" single no. 2736
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, September 8, 1996
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'Popcorn (Vocal)' / 'Popcorn (Instrumental)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising