Sunday 23 November 2008

Nasty girl - Vanity 6

Thanks to my record collection, I know a thing or two about revisionism. I think I was pretty quick to buy 'Nasty girl' by Vanity 6. It was a chart hit in November 1982, when I was only twelve years old. Pretty strange, when you think about it, that I would buy this saucy song, but on the other hand I was pretty naive and when Vanity sang 'I want seven inches or more' I thought she was talking about records.

When I found out the real meaning I threw the record out of my collection. In the end, it ended up in my brother's record collection. Many years later, in 2002, I came across the single again, and bought it. Despite all of its sexiness (or maybe because of it!) it's a great song.

My collection: 7" single no. 3362
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, 2002
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Nasty girl' / 'Drive me wild'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising