Saturday 15 November 2008

Love resurrection - Alison Moyet

After working with Vince Clarke in Yazoo, Alison Moyet went solo. I was disappointed at first, but then slowly warmed up to her music. I had to be quick in deciding whether I wanted to buy her debut single, 'Love resurrection', because despite the fact that it was in the charts, the shop where I went to offered it for half price. And so I bought it, despite doubting this purchase at first. It was the summer of 1984, the golden age for pop music as far as I'm concerned, and each week there were many singles I wanted to have.

'Love resurrection' reached no. 10 in the UK singles charts, and only no. 25 in the Dutch top 40. The single featured a non-album track, 'Baby I do'.
My collection: 7" single no. 236
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1984
Cost: 3,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Love resurrection' / 'Baby I do'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising