Friday 28 November 2008

Lay all your love on me - Abba

As I wrote before, the first 7" single I ever had will always remain a mystery. Fortunately, this isn't the case with my 12" singles. The very first one I had is still in my collection and is still proudly number one. And I remember how I got it, too.

I was a big fan of Abba. Then, sometime in 1980, they released a single on 12" only. It was a track taken from their album 'Super trouper' and this maxi single didn't even contain a remix. But still, the fact that I didn't have it bugged me. My brother, one day, offered his copy to me - but at full price. Greedy as I was to want to have it, I paid it, too. I was, and still am, the proud owner of a very collectable item - or so I thought.

My collection: 12" single no. 1
Found: My brother's record collection, at home, 1981
Cost: 15 guilders
Tracks: 'Lay all your love on me' / 'On and on and on'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising