Tuesday 25 November 2008

I want candy - Bow wow wow

'I want candy' was originally recorded by the Strangeloves in 1965. The punk band Bowwowwow recorded their cover version of this song in 1982, at the height of their success.

Originally, this was the first single by Bow wow wow I owned, but within weeks of buying it I started to doubt whether I really wanted to have it or not. Making use of this situation, my sister eventually traded the single for another one. Fourteen years later, I bought a new copy of this single in England. It turned out to be a 'special edition', featuring 'I want candy' on the A-side and the Bow wow wow logo etched on the other side of the disc.

My collection: 7" single no. 2778
Found: Record exchange, London, October 31, 1996
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'I want candy'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising