Sunday 15 April 2012

I only want to be with you - Dusty Springfield

This single is not the original release of 'I only want to be with you', but a re-release from 1987. Dusty Springfield had just had a big hit with the Pet Shop Boys ('What have I done to deserve this') and her old record company decided to cash in with a compilation album of Dusty's old hits. Did they think this single would become a hit as well?

Back in November 1963, Dusty Springfield had her first hit with this song, which peaked at number 4 in the UK singles chart. In 1987, this success was not matched: the single didn't even reach the chart. But then, the people who wanted to have it already had it in their collection most probably.

My collection: 7" single no. 5309
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 14, 2012
Cost: 3 euro
Tracks: 'I only want to be with you' / 'Breakfast in bed'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising