Saturday 28 April 2012

Everything must change - Paul Young

Paul Young was very successful with his first two albums, 'No parlez' and 'The secret of association'. Sell-out tours and many hit singles followed between 1983 and 1986. This version of 'Everything must change' was a limited edition featuring a free second single. It was a marketing ploy that was very popular at the time.

Released near the end of 1984, it was quite fitting that Paul recorded a Christmas message for his fans to be included on this single. One can wonder whether it was a good idea to put it right in the middle of the instrumental version of 'Everything must change' though.

My collection: 7" single no. 5324
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 14, 2012
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Everything must change' / 'Give me my freedom' // 'Everything must change', 'Paul's Christmas message' / 'I close my eyes and count to ten (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising